General-Purpose Ultrasonic Couplant
Sonotrace® is a general-purpose ultrasonic couplant for flaw detection and thickness gauging applications. This glycerin-free couplant is a great choice for applications requiring minimum halogens, sulfur and low melting point metals, and offers good performance at a lower price point.
Sonotrace comes in two different viscosities, Sonotrace 30 which is a medium-thick gel and Sonotrace 40 which is slightly more viscous.
- Contains humectants to retard drying for longer inspection time
- Very good corrosion inhibition
- Nuclear grade
- Good surface wetting to quickly cover oily or dirty surfaces
- Water washable for easily removal
- Silicone free
- Glycerin free
- Slower drying
- Good price-to-performance value