Ultra-Pure Performance Ultrasonic Couplant
Sonoglide® UP is an ultra-pure, very high-performance couplant and is compatible with titanium, aluminum, copper, stainless steel, plastics, many magnesium alloys and most composites. It is the perfect choice for applications where halogens and sulfur must be at a minimum, and broad material compatibility and water-wash removability are desired.
Sonoglide UP couplants are very slow drying for longer inspection time, provide good transducer lubrication and are self-leveling for fast coverage over wide areas. A broad operating temperature range (-60 to 250°F / -51 to 121°C) makes Sonoglide UP a good choice for low and elevated-temperature inspections.
Sonoglide UP 40 is a medium-thick gel.
- Very slow drying for extended inspection time
- Broad temperature range
- Water-washable for easy removal
- Provides good transducer lubrication
- Excellent acoustic properties
- Will not harden on transducers or instruments
- Low potential for skin irritation; will not dye clothing
- Nuclear grade
- Aerospace approvals