Oil-Based Fluorescent Magnetic Particle Suspension
14AM is a highly sensitive oil-based magnetic particle suspension for locating very fine discontinuities in critical parts. 14AM provides clear, bright, fluorescent green indications under ultra-violet light for excellent inspection quality and accuracy.
14AM is a ready-to-use mixture of 14A particles and an oil-based carrier (Carrier II). 14AM is sprayed onto magnetized parts prior to inspection. It is used to detect cracks and seams, as well as inclusions, laps, tears and flakes. 14AM is capable of detecting flaws that are open to the surface of the part, or slightly sub-surface. Parts tested can be forgings, welds, castings, and stamped or machined ferromagnetic materials, such as steel and other alloys of iron, nickel, and cobalt. Using 14AM may eliminate the need for an additional corrosion inhibitor step. The fluorescent particles in 14A collect where the magnetic field is interrupted, and glow under ultraviolet (UV) lighting.
- Clear, bright indications under ultra-violet light
- Low maintenance, oil-based suspension
- High sensitivity
- Excellent fluorescent contrast for quick identification and better inspection quality
- Excellent particle mobility
- Good dispersion stability
- Protects parts and equipment against corrosion
- Great concentration consistency
- Superior surface wetting
- Even surface coverage gives higher probability of detection